Wastewater Epidemiology: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic
Communities around the world are struggling to understand the true spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. While testing is occurring at an increased rate, it’s extremely difficult to get to a sufficiently high testing level to help drive what’s next such as decisions about reopening businesses, relaxing physical distancing policies and returning to the places we live, work and play. In this webinar you’ll learn how Jacobs is working around the globe to help track, analyze and address COVID-19. The topics covered include tracking COVID-19 in collection systems; modifying laboratory procedures for the virus; as well as closer look into the wastewater epidemiology for COVID-19.
Our panel of presenters are:
- Peter Nicol - Moderator, Jacobs Global Market Director for Water
- Mel Makdessi, Jacobs Sales & Clients Solutions Manager will share the wastewater based epidemiology implementation programs in the Middle East
- Tim Constantine, Jacobs Global Technology Leader for Wastewater Treatment will discuss treatment plant testing for COVID-19 in the United States
- James Herrin, Project Manager for Source Molecular will discuss COVID-19 testing protocols
- Susan Moisio, Jacobs Global Solutions Director for Conveyance will discuss the benefits of collection system sampling and a focus on how you need to understand your system