View the Jacobs Climate Action Plan
Jacobs Sustainability Strategy
2018-2020 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Jacobs Sustainability Consulting Services
(PDF, 7.8 MB)
Jacobs Sustainability Reports
Jacobs is committed to providing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We aim to deliver this by integrating sustainability into our business; through our business model, our procedures, how we deliver our projects and infusing it across our culture.
Our global sustainability strategy is under review following a significant change to our business with the acquisition of CH2M in December 2017. This provides an opportunity to refresh our approach and commitments to sustainability. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals will provide a global context for developing our global sustainability strategy and will help to inform how we deliver the following overarching commitments.
Jacobs strives to:
- Positively contribute towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- Foster a culture of sustainability that promotes economic prosperity, environmental benefit and social value;
- Continue a dialogue with all of our stakeholders to raise awareness of sustainability and provide feedback on how we can do better;
- Research and develop innovative methods and applications for enhanced sustainability performance;
- Enable knowledge sharing and capacity-building around sustainability across our enterprise and on all of our projects; and
- Be accountable for delivering our strategy through the sustainability governance structure that reports up to our Board.
As we deliver our new global sustainability strategy, PlanBeyond, we plan to measure and report on key metrics and set targets to continually improve our performance. We intend to work collaboratively with employees, clients and supply chain to achieve our sustainability commitments and deliver on our vision of providing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Chair and CEO