Our Vision: To be the employer of choice and recognized globally for attracting diverse talent where inclusion is our differentiator in bringing innovative thought and solutions to our clients.
Our Mission: Jacobs will create an environment where diverse employees want to join, where they feel they belong and where they will thrive.
We continue to advance inclusion and diversity to create an environment where all employees can thrive.
At Jacobs, we know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
We're committed to creating a Culture of Caring — a workplace that values the safety, positive mental health and sense of belonging of all employees.
We promote diversity because it makes us a stronger company, where brilliant people of all backgrounds feel at home. And our widely-different perspectives and talents around the globe greatly enhance our ability to provide clients with more imaginative and effective solutions.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all of our employment and business practices in all locations.
Employee Network Groups
Our Jacobs Employee Networks play a critical role in fostering our Culture of Caring in the work they do. These employee-led and employee-organized groups are centered around offering employees an opportunity to collaborate with others around the world who share similar interests and explore opportunities that relate to their specific goals. The shared mission of our employee networks is to make to celebrate and develop Jacobs’ diverse employee population, provide career enriching development opportunities for all levels of talent, assist in the attraction and retention of top diverse talent, facilitate innovation at Jacobs, and contribute to the communities in which we live and work.
With eight active, passionate employee networks representing more than 23,000 employees, we’re celebrating inclusion and diversity more than ever before. Each of these groups has a senior executive sponsor to provide advocacy, guidance and support.
Providing information, resources, and networking opportunities regarding physical, mobility and cognitive disabilities to disabled staff and to staff who provide caregiving services.
Empowering our employees across all career stages to maximize their potential and make Jacobs the industry leader and workplace of choice.
Providing an inclusive environment that actively nurtures and supports our diverse employees and clients across all ethnicities and cultures.
Advocating for veterans and current military reserve members, including support for transitioning veterans.
Accelerating a cultural shift by empowering women and promoting gender equality.
In the last two years, we:
- Broadened LGBTQI+ recognition, with our executive leadership team participating in the Pride march in our hometown of Dallas and taking top honors on the HRC’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index making us a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQI+ Equality."
- Launched Conscious Inclusion training for all employees and trained 82% in 2019.
- Appointed the first female executive vice president in the company’s history, and five of our eight executive leadership team members are now women.
- Received honors from the 2020 Women on Boards for our commitment to Board diversity in having at least 20% women on our board of directors – ultimately achieving executive team diversity of 63% and Board diversity of 45%.
- Launched our new E3 program designed to Engage, Excel and Elevate as an opportunity to provide our employees a defined career trajectory.
- Strengthened our future talent through increasing the number of interns and grads hired in 2019, resulting in 959 interns and 873 graduates globally, with a goal of hiring 30% more interns and graduates in 2020.