Featured Solution: City of Centennial
people are better connected to their city
less time to cover the city's snow route network due to optimized snow routes
From being one of the first companies in the industry to offer cities a public-private partnership for public works, code compliance, smart solutions and facilities and parks maintenance – to helping the City of Centennial become the first ever industry-accredited public-private partnership agency by the American Public Works Association – we build on each other’s strengths to serve city residents best.
Water & Wastewater
Jacobs serves public agencies and private entities, delivering water and wastewater utility operations and maintenance (O&M), facilities management, public works and municipal services. We’ve delivered O&M services for clients in government and industry for nearly 40 years and today, we treat 1.6 billion gallons of water and wastewater every single day.
We work for communities throughout North America and in many international locations, managing water, wastewater and utility infrastructure systems implementing tested and proven processes and systems to meet supply, treatment and disposal requirements for municipal, industrial and federal customers. Our 99.9 percent permit compliance is just one of the many accomplishments of our more than 4,000 O&M staff. A few others to note:
- Water Environment Federation 2018 Water Heroes Award for ongoing efforts by four Florida-based Jacobs Operations Management project teams – including The Villages, Key West, West Melbourne and Pembroke Pines – during the most expensive and destructive U.S. hurricane season on record.
- Water Environment Federation Utility of the Future Award for Fayetteville, Arkansas’, biosolids reuse program.
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association Water Heroes Award for Farmington, New Mexico’s, efforts during the Gold King Mine spill.
Our full range of O&M services supports your water, wastewater, public works, community development and administrative needs, including:
- Water treatment, distribution, collection and treatment
- Public works operations and maintenance
- Laboratory management and fleet support and management
- Industrial pretreatment programs and air emissions and odor treatment systems
- Meter reading and billing and collection
- Planning and zoning, permitting and inspection and code enforcement
- Parks and recreation, streets and rights-of-way and traffic engineering
- Call-center management and operations, administration and logistics and building operations and maintenance
- Facilities outsourcing and engineering and staff augmentation
- Fleet support and management
- Boiler operations and steam supply, compressed air supply, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Chemical management and energy management
Jacobs partners with public and private clients to help sustain and optimize the life and value of surface transportation assets. We bring extensive domestic and international experience to the management, operations and maintenance of all types of transportation infrastructure and we understand the value that can be gained from achieving performance goals and minimizing life-cycle costs.
As an extension of your organization, our multidisciplinary professionals collaborate with you to achieve your business and operational goals, whether they be in transportation planning, field services, traffic operations, engineering, stormwater services, project management or construction management.
The planning, resource allocation and operations and maintenance of existing road and bridge assets reflects a trending change for agencies and authorities that are being asked to do more with less.
Let us handle the hands-on work so you can focus on other priorities and get the most out of your assets. We understand the road life-cycle dynamic and the value of public-private partnership models that guarantee travel reliability and achieve safe and optimal outcomes for the public. Our services include:
- Highway, street and roadway management and development
- Highway and bridge asset management
- Highway performance audits, highway operations and maintenance advisory
- Traffic operations control management
Operations Management Innovations & Insights
At Jacobs, we partner with clients to solve complex challenges overcoming change and disruption. It’s one thing for us to say it, and much better when our thought leaders are able to share their insights and experience. Browse through podcasts, publications, interviews and other stories for more.