Jacobs is a leader in environmental programs, providing environmental science, planning, restoration, remediation, engineering, construction, and site operations and maintenance services to both public and private sector clients across the world.
Our environmental science and planning services include:
- Cultural resource services, including archeology and historic preservation
- Air quality planning and permitting
- Water quality services
- Field biology and species services
- Pollution prevention assessments
- Regulatory compliance services, such as National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance in the U.S. and CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme compliance in the U.K.
Due to several countries' mandatory climate change and energy saving programs, such as the European Union's Energy Policy for 2011-2020, we also offer carbon management, waste management, recycling, landfill, and methane emissions reduction services to our clients.
Our projects include hazardous and nuclear waste management, and site cleanup and closure. As part of our environmental restoration work, we provide support in such areas as underground storage tank removal, contaminated soil and water remediation, and long-term groundwater monitoring. We also design, build, install, operate, and maintain various types of soil and groundwater cleanup systems at multiple project locations for clients such as the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) in the United Kingdom, the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and the Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment (AFCEE).