Our Vision: To be the employer of choice and recognized globally for attracting diverse talent where inclusion is our differentiator in bringing innovative thought and solutions to our clients.
Our Mission: Jacobs will create an environment where diverse employees want to join, where they feel they belong and where they will thrive.
At Jacobs, we know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
We're committed to creating a Culture of Caring — a workplace that values the safety, positive mental health and sense of belonging of all employees.
We promote diversity because it makes us a stronger company, where brilliant people of all backgrounds feel at home. And our widely-different perspectives and talents around the globe greatly enhance our ability to provide clients with more imaginative and effective solutions.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all of our employment and business practices in all locations.
Employee Network Groups
Our Jacobs Employee Networks play a critical role in fostering our Culture of Caring in the work they do. These employee-led and employee-organized groups are centered around offering employees an opportunity to collaborate with others around the world who share similar interests and explore opportunities that relate to their specific goals. The shared mission of our employee networks is to make to celebrate and develop Jacobs’ diverse employee population, provide career enriching development opportunities for all levels of talent, assist in the attraction and retention of top diverse talent, facilitate innovation at Jacobs, and contribute to the communities in which we live and work.
With seven active, passionate employee networks representing more than 23,000 employees, we’re celebrating inclusion and diversity more than ever before. Each of these groups has a senior executive sponsor to provide advocacy, guidance and support.
- Careers Network: empowering our employees across all career stages to maximize their potential and make Jacobs the industry leader and workplace of choice.
- Enlace (“link” in Spanish): leveraging the company’s unique and vibrant Latino talent contributing to our company’s growth profitable strategy, attracting and retaining Latinos, while fostering leadership, community involvement, diversity and cultural pride.
- Harambee (“working together” in Swahili): positively impacting the black employee experience through recruitment, development, and retention of black talent.
- OneWorld (multicultural group): providing an inclusive environment that actively nurtures and supports our diverse employees and clients across all ethnicities and cultures.
- PRISM (LGBTA group): creating an environment where our people feel able and empowered to bring their whole self to work.
- VetNet: advocating for veterans and current military reserve members, including support for transitioning veterans.
- Women’s Network: accelerating a cultural shift by empowering women and promoting gender equality.
In 2018, we...
- Strengthened the diversity of our Executive Leadership Team, including the appointment of our first female Executive Vice President in company history, and overall executive leadership team diversity at 50%, 40% of whom are female, and 20% of whom reflect diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Undertook a full pay equity review as part of our annual remuneration review, and prioritized budget for any actions required to address inequity in like-for-like roles.
- Held senior leadership accountable for recruiting diverse candidates, both internally and externally. And in fiscal 2019, we are instituting inclusion and diversity goals among culture-based leadership metrics in annual compensation for the company’s senior leadership team.
- Empowered employees to share feedback with our leaders when they see opportunities for improvement.
- Launched conscious inclusion training and are extending to all employees over the next year.
- Improved our talent management and development process to ensure opportunities for training, development and career advancement are distributed fairly across the company.